Sunday, September 27, 2009
So what about this photo is shopped, exactly? Essentially everything because it isn't really a photograph. This image is actually a digital painting created by Bert Monroy. The scene was entirely recreated from scratch using only Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and took Monroy nearly one year complete.
• The image size is 40 inches by 120 inches.
• The flattened file weighs in at 1.7 Gigabytes.
• It took eleven months (close to 2,000 hours) to create.
• The painting is comprised of close to fifty individual Photoshop files.
• Over 500 alpha channels were used for various effects.
• Over 250,000 paths make up the multitude of shapes throughout the scene.
• Taking a cumulative total of all the files, the overall image contains over 15,000 layers.